PRCVI Connections - Sept/Oct 2018
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. We hope this issue of PRCVI Connections finds you with the year off to a great start. We're also glad that you have found our new PRCVI website! We're always updating and adding new content, so check back often. Based on your feedback in the 2017-2018 Year-End Survey, here are some features that we would like to highlight:
- An outreach portal that highlights PRCVI's collaborations with our community as well as our new outreach blog - #Outreaching! This is where Jen and Adam will highlight new resources and materials as well as document their outreach adventures across BC.
- A detailed page on registering students with PRCVI that can be shared with vision health professionals, parents, etc. that includes specific information on eligibility and documentation requirements.
- A news section where past issues of Connections will be available as well as updates on new additions to the library collection, new pages on the website, upcoming workshops and events, and more!
Another important change this year at PRCVI involves our outreach team. There is currently a posting for an outreach coordinator on MakeAFuture. Please see this updated listing of assigned school districts for your Outreach Coordinator.
Updating the PRCVI TSVI/O&M Contractor Lists
PRCVI maintains an active list of TSVIs and O&M specialists in the province who are interested in providing contract services. We would like to regularly update this list to ensure accuracy. Please contact Jen if you would like to add/change/remove information from that list. If you would like to be added to the TSVI or O&M contract list, the following information is needed:
- Name and contact information
- Region(s) - the parts of the province where you intend to provide contract services
- Availability - specific details on when you are available to provide contract services (e.g., Monday-Tuesday).
- Any additional information/notes that would be important for administrators.
In the interest of confidentiality, we are not sending this list out to the entire community. Please be in touch to reconfirm/change information.
Updating the PRCVI Vision Contacts Database
Please take a moment to search for yourself the PRCVI Vision Contacts database and confirm that the information is correct. If you notice a colleague that has retired or moved on from your district, please let us know. Send any updated contact information to Susan.
Students Moving to Other Districts
There are several school districts that have started the 2018-2019 without a TSVI. If you are aware of a student on your caseload who is moving to another district, please inform your outreach coordinator ASAP. We would like to ensure that information shared with administrators regarding PRCVI registrations is accurate, especially if learners move into a district where there is currently no incoming TSVI.
If you have moved to a new district or have a new email contact, please be in touch with Susan to make sure that you have access to Yammer. In addition to resource sharing and professional dialogue, Yammer will be where we share new updates to the website!
If you have a student taking the FSA or provincial assessment who will need their exam in large print or braille, please see updated information on the PRCVI website about how to request a large print or braille assessment.
New PRCVI Resources
PRCVI has recently added several new resources to its library. Find out about them by visiting the new section on our website.
Links and Resources
Here are a few links to new or updated resources that came across our desks over the summer.