In partnership with the BC Vision Teachers' Association, the PRCVI outreach team holds a monthly forum for TSVIs and O&M Specialists who have questions about PRCVI service delivery or have suggestions/comments. We will also keep this forum open for general discussion around issues that are pertinent in our professional community. Join us on the first Thursday of every month from 3:00-4:00 PM PST. We'll have the lines open!
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Engaging reluctant braille readers, connections with the early intervention community, federal grants in post-secondary, and a few AT questions.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Psychoeducational assessment for students with visual impairments, building responsive socio-emotional/mental health supports, transdisciplinary teams and case management roles for TSVIs.
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Upcoming I-M-ABLE webinar with Dr. Diane Wormsley on May 20, 12-1 PM, vision therapy statement from the American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, new professional texts from Perkins added to the professional library:
- Everyday life: a guidebook for teaching independent living skills
- Getting ready for braille!
- How we see it: a basic guide to low vision: 2nd edition
- Science literacy: a curriculum for all students with sensory impairments
- Teaching life differently: the expanded core curriculum for babies and young children with visual impairment